Thursday, September 10, 2015

Waterman
















































I've been taking pictures since 2008 and somehow always manage a shot like this, where the water seems to be pouring out of the lower left corner.  Don't worry, I'll clean up the mess.


These shots of a local waterman fishing nets were taken off Aarons Beach this week.  They are timely because Mathews recently lost a legendary waterman who died doing what he loved best.  (Click here for more on that.)

In brighter news, Daughter successfully started her last year of high school this week.  And I'm very excited that Market Days is upon us once again.  I plan to enjoy every single moment of this annual event, including the Party at the Wharf Friday night, the car show on Saturday (where a certain 1965--what a fantastic year--Mustang belonging to my friend will be on display), and the street dance Saturday night.

Click here for more info on the Market Day festivities.

If I can remember to buy batteries for my camera (I give it a 50-50 shot on remembering to buy batteries and a 40-60 shot that I'll then remember to bring the camera), I'll post pictures here next week.












2 comments:

Bob Braxton said...

We drove from NC on Monday, stayed 24 hours at Mad Calf Lane. Tuesday morning we went in our canoe, paddled around Cherry Point and continued all the way down until we came to vehicular traffic on Old Ferry Road from the Gwynn's Island drawbridge, at which point we turned the canoe and paddled back. The water was smooth (as glass) until near the end when a little breeze clicked up.

Bob Braxton said...

'Kilmer tristich Remlik Virginia'
ensō O! 円相
-tree I think that I
shall never see as
lovely as po-e-

Remlik, Jamaica, VA 23175