Monday, October 8, 2018

Blue Heron





Today since I didn't have to drive to work, I decided to visit Bethel Beach.










I parked my car and jog-walked three and a half miles.









On my way back to the car, I spotted this fellow.  
(Or gal, I don't know which and have no idea how to tell.)






Luckily, I had my camera in the car, and he was still hanging around when I drove back out.

The past few weekends have been very busy.  Middle Sister and I went to the Gloucester Wine Festival a few weekends back.  Last weekend, I drove to Dewey Beach, Delaware, to visit my two college friends.  (On the way home Chesapeake Bay Woman was trapped for five and a half hours on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel--on a bridge in between the two tunnels--due to an accident.  I could write a novel on that experience alone.) Anyway, this past weekend, Baby Sis and I drove to Louisa, Virginia, to see the band Ambrosia play at a gala for the Louisa Arts Center.  This weekend I'll be headed over that Bay Bridge Tunnel yet again to visit Ocean City, MD, with a friend.

In between, I'm making that soul-sucking long commute to work each day, trying to figure out how I can stay at home and make enough money to make ends meet.  Alas, I have six years and three months--but who's counting besides me--before I'm eligible to retire.

In any case, I've been trying to enjoy life in the free time that I do have. 

Today's trip to Bethel Beach and the brief photo op with this blue heron were just what I needed.

Have a great week.




3 comments:

Daryl said...

i keep thinking things like - what did you have to eat/drink? how'd you go potty? did your phone lose juice? did you make friends with peeps in the neighboring cars? - yup enough to write a book ...

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying your week-ends; you certainly deserve them. And excitement has a way of tagging along with you, doesn't it? Enjoy life lil lady--you've earned every minute of it !!! Linda in Tn

Liztek said...

For people with COPD, asthma, Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) and other conditions, pulse oximetry is a technology used to measure the oxygen level in your blood and your heart rate. A finger pulse oximeter is equipped with technology to rapidly detect changes in your blood oxygen level.