Monday, January 11, 2010

Blog Fest 2010



What's more fun than a barrel of bloggers monkeys?

Where else can you rub elbows with a baroness while watching a grandma frolic in the hot tub?

What small-town event drew international attention and inspired Hollywood producers to create a film which went on to earn millions and trillions of dollars such that the attendees never had to work again?


The answer to all of these is Blog Fest, although that last one hasn't happened--yet.

Yes, it's time to stop dawdling, cease with the dilly dallying, push away from the table of procrastination and get to gettin'. It's time to begin plans for Blog Fest 2010.

Last summer a group of 16 or so bloggers came together in Mathews County, Virginia, for the very first Blog Fest. Those original attendees, who came from all corners of the map, are listed on my side bar. We ate, drank, talked, laughed, drank, sang, toured, photographed, drank, ate, hot tubbed, swam, beached, and boated. It was a blast.

Below is bare-bones information for this year's event. There is also a separate blog dedicated to Blog Fest, where you'll find information from last year.

If you're reading this blog post, you're invited to attend.

What: Blog Fest 2010, a weekend of hijinx fun and frivolity

When: Thursday, July 15 - Sunday, July 18 (Arriving Thursday evening, departing Sunday morning.)

Where: Mathews County, Virginia. Chesapeake Bay Woman's house is a disaster home base.

Who: Anyone is invited. If we receive an overwhelming response, which I don't really anticipate, we will establish a limit. This is highly unlikely, though.

What to expect: I don't know. Anything. Everything. Nothing at all. Last year, we toured Mathews' beaches; meandered around the village; ate at some local restaurants; went on a work boat tour of the lighthouse; and spent a magical evening on a Gwynn's Island beach.

I am open to suggestions on activities but think we will kick off the same as last year with a cookout at my house Thursday night. The other two days will likely include some sight seeing, a boat ride, perhaps a trip to the Gwynn's Island Museum, perhaps a tour of a local historic home, and free time - especially for those who attended last year and have seen many of the key sights already.

As Big Hair Envy--my co-host and partner in crime--and I iron out the details, we'll let you know. Until then, you can e-mail me with any questions @ ChesapeakeBayWoman@gmail.com.

If you are interested in attending, please leave a comment on the Blog Fest website and send me an e-mail. Include your name, where you're coming from, mode of transportation and any other relevant information that will help us with logistics. I can send you information on lodging, although there is plenty of room at my house and in my yard (for campers). Because commercial lodging is very limited, the sooner you make your reservations the better.

Hope to see you this summer and don't forget to check the lackluster and uninformative fun-filled, action-packed Blog Fest website for the latest and greatest Blog Fest news.

Be there. Aloha.

22 comments:

Meg McCormick said...

My car knows the way. Count me in!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

So does my camper!
<><

Unknown said...

You know I'm coming!!Get that hot tub going!!

mathews Mark said...

Hey!!! thats my fishin hole!!! To many pretty ladies for me Im to shy, no blogfest for this boy.

Daryl said...

Count me in. I will be hopefully coming down with Lauren, Annie and Kate!

Cool Breeze said...

You're all invited to Casa de Envy for a pool party one day, if you think y'all could make the trip.

I might even feed you ...

P.S. Today's new speed limit: 45

Jamie said...

Would love to come and be the "newbie"

big hair envy said...

Mark, I don't really think you have a choice in the matter. You are now on the list of Blog Fest Attractions!!!!

Happy Birthday, CBW!! You and Cool Breeze are running neck in neck;)

Shelley Jaffe said...

Hell to the yeah. I'm off to contact AG & book our flights...

So. Frickin'. Excited!!!!

wv: ewlifte, as in CBW, ewlifte me up with this good news!!!!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Happy Birthday CBW!

Mark-you can run..but you cant hide! See you at Blog Fest'10.

See BHE someone else says "oh hell yeah"!
<><

Audrey at Barking Mad said...

Now that I'm three hours closer you'd better believe I'll be there again! Can NOT wait!

BTW, Happy Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Yep, Happy, Happy Birthday to you!
-Middle Sis

ghostless said...

Well, Happy B-day, CBW! Yes, I will be there also~

Mental P Mama said...

Happy Happy Birthday to our hostess with the mostest! Sea Shanty! Here we come!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Hooray! So glad to see all these RSVP's including Newbie Jamie.

I cannot wait.

Also, Mathews Mark? You don't have a choice in the matter, your fate has been sealed. You don't have to attend the whole thing, but you will be a part of the festivities in July. One of your responsibilities is securing us a boat tour, the other will be to provide the group with a tour of that house. Also, if you have any connections to other local/historic homes, I'd like to investigate further. AT a minimum, you're coming to dinner with us one night. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the b-day wishes. It's shocking and apalling to see the number the calendar says is my age, but all that matters is how old I think I am.

It's GREAT being 18.

Happy Monday.

ghostless said...

I was with someone today that remembers you as a sweet and fun person! and probably still 18!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

ghostless - I think even--no, especially--my family would have to disagree with the sweet part, but I did like to laugh and have fun. Still do.

You will LOVE Blog Fest. All of the people who came last year were just magnificent. Everyone's different, but everyone has a keen sense of humor. You'll love them.

Is Tonic getting excited about his new home?

Meg McCormick said...

Mark: CBW knows where you live. We're comin' whether you like it or not!

abb said...

See you there! Wouldn't miss it.

abb said...

I missed your birthday! Hope it was all kinds of wonderful!

foolery said...

I didn't forget your birthday. I had a big meeting to prepare for and a small meeting to go to and a third meeting I'm so nervous about I might faint but that's not until Wednesday and -- SEE?! I WORK!

sometimes

Happy birthday again because I was on time on FARCEbook. Many happy u-turns. See you in July.

Asthmagirl said...

Heck, yeah!! As long as the Baroness and I can stow away on some cross country flight...

I can't wait!