Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Community Store













Today we continue with the theme of  Places I Visited On My Drive Down Mobjack.














This senescent structure sits at an intersection in the middle of a neighborhood 
of many houses no doubt filled with people simultaneously tending to their lives
while keeping a close eye on the wild-haired woman hanging 
out her car window taking pictures on such a cold day.














There are many old gas stations/stores like this sprinkled throughout the county.














If I ever get a break from life and a chance to catch my breath,
I'll have to go around and take all their portraits. 













But, as best as I can tell, I won't get any sort of break
until the summer of 2016
for months to come.


























The regional basketball game has been moved to Wednesday night at Appomatox Regional Governor's School, which means lots of driving will be involved. That's OK. Luckily I've had lots of practice working long days and driving miles and miles into the night. It's all worth it.  Somehow.

But I would like to state for the record, however, that even though I have a whole third season of sports to get through with Daughter's soccer, and even though Son will be graduating this year, Lord knows I cannot wait for school to be out and for there to be some sort of a break and/or vacation to look forward to.

For now, though, I'll just have to be content with the occasional outing to take pictures--in this case of a quaint little store in a quiet little neighborhood that appears to be extremely tolerant of strange people strangers.









1 comment:

Country Girl said...

Have I ever told you that you have a wonderful way with words? It is always so easy reading your posts. The words flow so nicely.

Perfect usage for senescent. Love it.