Thursday, March 13, 2014

Three Things









Thursday is here, which means it's time to share three thoughts--even if the person asking you to share three thoughts doesn't feel like sharing much of anything herself.

Let's begin.

1.  I've been sick since February Saturday with a hacking cough and sinus pressure that has not yet caused my head to pop straight off my shoulders.  But it's coming.  It can only be a matter of time. 

2.  What makes the above ten thousand times worse is that I've missed the summer-like weather we've had.  All I can do is glance longingly from inside during the few points in the day I actually feel like living moving about.

3.  The pity party is now over.

4.  (Because three is only a suggestion.)  On Saturday, Son is giving a presentation at Virginia Commonwealth University as part of the Chesapeake Bay Governor's School Science Symposium.  He'll be discussing his senior project for Governor's School which involved creating an underwater microphone.  It also involved many years months of frustration, several trips to Radio Shack (there are no Radio Shacks in Mathews, by the way), a few canoe trips to the Gwynn's Island bridge, and lots more that's way beyond my comprehension.  Hopefully he'll be delivering the speech in layman's terms (that include diagrams with stick figures for old people whose brains stopped working on precisely the exact same day that their child--who is now delivering scientific speeches about underwater inventions to a panel of judges--was born).  Either way, I am very proud of his accomplishments and look forward to his talk.

4b.  (Because I can't leave Daughter out.)  Daughter played her first varsity soccer game Tuesday night.  Even though I was so sick I could hardly see straight, I sat in the stands and watched.  Mathews lost but we played Gloucester which is a far larger school.  All things considered, they did fairly well considering they haven't had much time to practice.  Daughter played most of the second half, and although it's vastly different from JV, I thought she did very well and am very proud of her.

Now it's your turn to share three things or two things or six things or four things.  Whatever you want.

Anything at all.






4 comments:

Meg McCormick said...

1. Yesterday it was 70 degrees and this morning there's a howling wind and it's below freezing. On March 13.

2. As if that weren't bad enough, apparently we might get MORE SNOW in the mid-Atlantic Sunday/Monday. As in ST. PATRICK'S DAY.

3. It wasn't cute when it snowed the last week of March in 1970, when my parents brought my baby sister home from the hospital and my uncle had to plow ahead of them from town the whole 5 miles out to our farm, and it isn't cute NOW because we are supposed to be watching for daffodils and crocuses and forsythia now and instead I'm still tripping over the snow shovels in our carport.

4. I PROMISE I WILL NEVER WISH FOR SNOW EVER AGAIN.

Unknown said...

Wow, your son's presentation sounds very cool. Maybe he can post part of his presentation on you tube so we can all see it. I have sinus issues right now too but it's all about allergies. Everything's about to bloom and the means the new buds are pushing out the old moldy leaves and it's all floating around in the air. Once everything has bloomed we should all feel better. Or so I hope.

Dghawk said...

1. Sorry to hear you are so sick. Take care of yourself, my friend. My step daughter started out with the flu and wound up with pneumonia and a 3 week stay in intensive care. She's fine now, but we almost lost her.

2. I'm with Betsy on the you tube video. Would be very interesting, even though I probably have no clue what he was talking about.

3. Kudos to daughter. Wish I had her energy.

4. I never thought I would say this, but, I'm tired of snow and winter too.

Daryl said...

the weather here is certifiably insane .. springish weather followed by icy winds followed by less cold but not warm temps and now they say rain for the weekend and snow again monday .. i am sooooo over this ..... ugh