Thursday, April 2, 2015

Track








The Mathews High School track team had another meet at Charles City County High School Thursday evening, so after work I drove on over to watch.  Above, Josh Foster, my second-favorite student at MHS, paces himself in the mile.  He and Daughter have played soccer together since they were knee-high to a grasshopper.  This year, he's doing both soccer and track, while Daughter opted to do track instead of soccer.

Speaking of Daughter, she's my favorite MHS student and favorite female teenager of all time.





She's also my favorite athlete to watch.





She won the 400-meter...




...and also her heat of the 200-meter. 

(We think she might have won that race overall too, but it's unconfirmed since we don't yet know the time of the winner in the first heat.)






Next week is Daughter's spring break.  I'll work the first of the week but Thursday morning we're heading to Virginia Tech and University of Virginia to take tours and talk to admissions folks.  She stresses over whether she's good enough to get in and wonders what she needs to do to be better.

I just tell her how proud I am of what she's done so far and where she is now.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I love this girl and am so proud of her many accomplishments.

In other news, the weather has warmed up a bit.  I'm hoping it's a trend that continues.

Have a great weekend.






4 comments:

Annie said...

Great kids. They have an excellent mother!
Hope you have a fantastic weekend and spring break.
Wow, another one thinking about college already!

Cooling down here after a warm summer.

Bob Braxton said...

she's ready - if this (1961-1962 "little boy") can make it to and through a private University in NC, she certainly can. Our two nieces have gone: the first through Virginia Tech (and now in graduate school Radford), the second (four years younger) at U Va and currently in Costa Rico (SP?) for Spanish immersion semester abroad, loving it. She writes a blog while there.

Anonymous said...

I hope it will be a fun college tour for both of you...either school will be very lucky to have her as a student.
LLC

Unknown said...

Once again, thanks for your web site and all your pictures and comments. I visited Mathews very often when my brother and family lived there. Your pictures always cheer me up. Yes, the Seabreeze....what else can you say? heavy sigh