Sunday, October 22, 2017

Then and Now









These were taken five years ago.





October 2012. 





Three years before my car accident.







And five years before being diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma, also known as Hodgkin's disease.

I know I didn't have cancer two years ago because courtesy of my car accident--which included my very first helicopter ride-- I learned then that I only had some broken ribs and a punctured lung.  They did every test known to man to be sure they knew what they were dealing with.  

But my PET scan this week revealed I have cancerous lymph nodes in my neck and near my lungs, spleen, liver and pancreas.  So between October 2015 and now some stuff was going on.  Where stuff equals Life Stress and obviously something else that triggered cancerous growth.

This week I start chemotherapy, which I confess I am dreading.  It will last six months.  The particular chemo cocktail for Hodgkins is ABVD.  Google it.  Or don't.  Halloween is just around the corner, there is no reason to seek out additional things to be afraid of.

I'm relishing these last few days of being CBW before chemo.  Also, my father is home from the hospital and was tinkering around the barn today.  That in and of itself is a miracle.

Life is good.  

If not great.




7 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

What beautiful photos.

This West Point girl will be thinking of you as you move forward with your chemo.

Blessings.

Jan

Meg McCormick said...

Your positive outlook will help you endure the miles, my dear friend!

Daryl said...

stay positive and get and stay angry at the crap in your body ... you can and will beat it!

Anonymous said...

Prayers and blessings as you start your battle with this monster. I'm betting that you'll win this one. a long-time follower in TN.--Linda

Jamie said...

Thinking of you! Stay positive!

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers your way. Glad your dad is home and doing better!
Trinia

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you! Happy to find out that your Dad is home and tinkering!

mmm/fc