Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Fall Flowers










Although the temperatures have remained rather warm (it was 86 degrees today!), Fall has definitely arrived in Mathews County.









Along with the brownish colors of the corn crops that are ready for harvest, beautiful wildflowers abound.









I'm not sure what these pretty yellow ones are called, but they're growing like weeds wildfire along the roadsides.










Although I don't have pictures handy, there are also beautiful purple and pink flowers making themselves known along the roads and in the fields.  I've been picking the ones at the end of my lane and enjoying them in flower arrangements.  They last a good long while, although some of them do leave a ton of seeds when they're finally giving up on life. It's a small price to pay though.







We survived the hurricane that wasn't supposed to hit us.  Technically it didn't hit us, but the storm delivered a great deal of residual wind and rain.  Some folks here lost power, there was some flooding in some areas, but eventually things returned to normal.

Whatever that is.







The weather is supposed to turn a little cooler this weekend, just in time for the Gloucester Wine Festival.  Baby Sis, Middle Sis and I will be attending this event on Saturday.  We were supposed to go last year, but a little life-changing event known as my car accident (click here for that story) changed those plans.

This year will be different.





I cannot wait.


I hope all is well in your world.


3 comments:

thomas said...

Not quite Mathews Co. daffodils but pretty nice.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Definitely not daffodils, which thankfully arrive each Spring just as I'm ready to surrender entirely to the Winter Doldrums of January and February. I love these cheerful little episodes of life before Fall succumbs entirely to those dreary, dark months of Winter. *sigh*

Daryl said...

so pretty ..