Monday, December 10, 2018

Moon







These were taken from my back deck around Thanksgiving. 











My son, who recently returned home from several months in Spain, was attempting to show me how to adjust the camera settings to take pictures at night.  He takes amazingly good pictures and is pretty much self-taught like his mother.





Unlike his mother, however, he actually knows how to use settings other than Auto, something I've struggled with for years.

Once again, I've neglected this blog and haven't been out to take any pictures even though there have been many great photo opportunities, like the Mathews Christmas parade this past Saturday.  And even though we had the first decent snowfall of the season yesterday.  (Nothing stuck in my yard but it was nice watching it come down all day.)

I've been in a physical and mental funk, so to speak, and still haven't gotten back into the swing of things here on the blog.  I suppose I can once again make it a resolution for 2019--along with exercising more, eating better, all the stuff I know I'm supposed to be doing. 

On the plus side, my monster of a Christmas tree is up.  It's over 20 years old and still fighting me every step of the way, but for the time being I claim victory in our ongoing feud. 

Click here and  here and here for pictures and stories from past Christmases.

I hope to get out and take some pictures soon.



5 comments:

Daryl said...

i need help learning how to take pix at night, in manual and of the moon ... when you learn, please teach me .. signed stuck in Program Mode

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you. Blogs come and blogs go, it's understandable when people get tired of posting all the time. Still, I treasure this one and am very glad to hear from you. Also glad to see the storm didn't cause damage out your way. Sounds like you're getting better, which is wonderful. Betsy

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Daryl, I'm also stuck in spite of the lessons from my son. It just isn't intuitive to me for whatever reason. Sigh.

Betsy, thank you so much for your kind words!

Anonymous said...

Just like you won in your battle with the Christmas tree, you will win the battle with the physical and mental "funk" in your life---cause that's what you do !!! Blessings for a peaceful holiday season---filled with love and joy and family. So glad to hear from you and much love to all. Linda in Tn.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Thanks for your words, Linda in TN. I wish the same for you and yours.