Friday, March 16, 2012

Daffodils



























































These are pictures from previous years of the daffodils which grace our fields and property.

There's been no time to photograph this year's blooms; however I hope to change all that this weekend.

Daffodils are very special to the Chesapeake Bay Family.

Every spring since 2008 I've written about them.  Rather than regurgitating all those stories, I'll leave you with a link to one of my first attempts at conveying their significance.

Click here for that effort, made five years ago. If you're interested in other daffodil stories (and there are many), just search on the word in the right sidebar under "Search This Blog."

(I've been blogging for five years? Five? I was only 42 when I started this thing? A spring chicken, for goodness sakes.  Gracious, the time is flying by.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's to a weekend filled with cheerful flowers and spring chickens.  Or, at least the memories of being a spring chicken.

6 comments:

deborah said...

My favorite flower - so beautiful! And you have fields of them! I know they are very special to you as they should be...
Have a glorious weekend! Will look forward to your photos next week

Daryl said...

I noticed that the daffs here are beginning to pop. I need to take a walk in the park ..

abb said...

The most magnificent flower there is. I love them as well.

Windsmurf said...

My Daffodils have been out for nearly 3 weeks now, but the coolish temps have kept them beautiful still.

Dghawk said...

Daffodils, daffydils, or dummydils, whatever you call them, are truly the most simple, but beautiful flower on the planet. The harbringer of spring, I always knew that the worst of winter was over and it was time to plant the lettuce and onions when they start blooming. Who needs a calendar?

Wonderful pictures and enjoyed your article from the past. Have a wonderful weekend!

Mental P Mama said...

I'll drink to that! Wait. I'll drink to anything;)