Thursday, December 19, 2013

Holly Ball










Saturday night was the Holly Ball for Mathews High School students.  Based on Son Sam's desire to have a pre- and post-Holly Ball gathering at my house, I needed to have the place at least looking like it was ready for Christmas.  Above is the artificial tree I've battled since Sam was two years old.  Since this is a PG-rated blog, I won't go into the words that were hurled forth into the universe trying to get this thing up from the basement, assembled and decorated.  You're welcome.

Below is the also-decorated dining room where Sam, his friend Dillon and their dates ate rather than going out somewhere.

(Guess who did the cooking?)



















While I was cooking, Sam's date Kelly helped with Daughter Maria's makeup.

By the way, this is the first time 15-year-old Maria has allowed anyone to make her up for a dance. Although I've asked in the past, she was quick to show me the hand and shake her head vehemently.

This time, however, she agreed to it. (Thank you again, Kelly.) 





I adore this girl.
(Her brother too.)










Maria, Sam, Sam's date/friend Kelly and Sam's friend Dillon, whose date had not yet arrived.










Kelly ran cross country with Daughter; she and Dillon both play soccer.










Daughter's date Justin also ran cross country and broke more than a few records this year.










Dillon and his gorgeous date Ginna










Our lovely neighbors Sabrina and Robyn Barrack
stopped by to take Daughter and Date out to dinner.
They went to Richardson's.










I just love this picture.










My two favorite people.  (Dimples, anyone?)










There's so much I could say about this. It's as if they're trying to be good, but there's
a little twinkle in their eyes.  Like they're already fast forwarding to the post-dance gathering in my
 basement, an event that lasted until HAS IT ENDED YET?











Dinner for the seniors






We all survived the Holly Ball. 



The End.




6 comments:

growing wild on waverly lane said...

What a beautiful group of young men and women. You're too perfect.

Liz Sweet said...

Your kids are so lucky to have such a wonderful mom! Merry Christmas to all of you.

Daryl said...

they are all gorgeous/handsome and you .. you are THE mom of the year!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes..I am tearing up..that's what I get for following this blog for 2 yrs. and watching the family grow up through your photos! (Not surprising to me, though...as I worked over a decade in high school classrooms, and cried like a baby at every year's graduation..I love to see the transition as young adolescents begin the journey to adulthood).
I also found it touching that the kids wanted to have pre-dance dinner at your place(although it meant more work for you, it spoke volumes about how Sam feels about his home and favorite cook). Our house would have been the l-a-s-t place my sons would have wanted to bring a date, let alone stay for dinner, LOL. Wow, after-hours party. too !
I agree with all the comments from your mom,Liz, and Daryl...wonderful Momma you,and gorgeous children.
LLC

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tree, gorgeous kids, what more can you ask for? Love seeing the reflection of the tree i the windows, too.

So.... what deserves the biggest congrats?

A. Winning the battle of the tree?

B. Surviving the Holly Ball?

C. Having great kids?

Aw gee, can't decide so congrats on them all!

Betsy

Meg McCormick said...

I love that they convene at your place, including dinner! That's just cool. Bunch of gorgeous kiddos. Enjoy these days, Mama.