Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Tree




This was the view from our campsite during last week's vacation. The pond is for pedal boating. Just beyond that tree is the Chesapeake Bay. Nothing but water for miles on end. Interestingly enough, if you were to go straight across the bay from about this point, you'd hit Mathews County. And a whole lot of choppy water. But no ants.

This tree and I became very close on my so-called vacation. I sat and stared at it for hours and days on end. It spoke to me; I spoke back. I studied every single limb and marveled at the ever changing sky in the background. I am amazed how soothing it is to simply sit,daydream and focus on one gorgeous thing. You forget your worries, your ant infestations, the scorching heat, the hurricane-force winds with horizontal rain, and the lack of personal hygiene due to having to walk to the state of Delaware to get to the community showers. As a reminder, I am speaking of my "vacation" here.

I could post a different picture of My Tree every day from now until Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, here's what I want this year: the Orkin Man.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful picture. so serene. I'm glad you're back. It didn't sound like a typical vacation for me though. I'm like lil sis, I need swimming pools and cable t.v. and laptops hook-up are available in hotels. also eating out in nice restaurants. I don't have to cook clean or deal with ants.
Let's talk B.G. next week I hope.

tj said...

...GAHHH! YOU'RE BACK!!! YIPPEEE! :oD Oh so happy you're back CBW! You were missed here woman...lol... ;o) Have mercy - I didn't know if I was gonna make it or not...(*sigh*) ;o)

...That is a beautiful tree with beautiful scenery around it... I take it that you didn't go to far from home then, no? I dunno why but the lack of personal hygiene makes me cringe more so than the ants and the gale-force winds...lol...

...Anyway, I hope you had a nice & safe July 4th and once again, welcome back!

...Enjoy your weekend!

...Blessings... :o)

Unknown said...

Boy this vacation sounds like a spiritual cleansing, leaving you very mellow and nostalgic..at least more so than usual.

So, rest up, take care of that personal hygeine issue and the ants.

Once you are up to it, I'd love for you to get back to that diary!

The tree is gorgeous, and aim a tad bit higher for Christmas, because Santa loves you.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

hey, cats - nothing i do is typical. i'm ok with that even if it's painful sometimes. sign me up for b.g. tuesday, thursday or friday of this week. I work mon and wed.

tj - I missed you, I'm not ashamed to admit it. Without going into the geography, we went exactly 15 miles across the bay from Mathews, but exactly 2.5 hours' drive from Mathews. It's complicated. And involves numbers and maps.

There is now steam coming from my eye sockets due to the numbers that I may/may not have made up above. Numbers do that to me.

Very glad to be back...and to hear from you.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

oh, grandma j. it definitely was a spiritual cleansing, even though actual showers were not involved in any way, shape or form.

i am pleased to report i have caught up with most, though not all, of my personal hygiene needs.

thank you for reminding me of the diary. keep doing that because i have a few more days' worth of vacation stuff to post, and the way my mind works, the diary is so far in the past it is in the same category as Vasco de Gama.

Who was he, anyway?

foolery said...

Vasco de Gama has two aliases: Santa Claus and the Orkin Man.