Wednesday, June 3, 2009

School's Out



This rose bush is slowly but surely taking over the house. If ants didn't already have dibs on everything, there'd be no problem. Between ants, plants, dirty laundry, dirty dishes and fiddler crabs, however, I am slowly suffocating.

The Chesapeake Bay Children are officially on summer break, and I'm off from the paying job this week so that I can spend time with them. So far, I am more worn out than if I had worked sixteen days straight, mainly due to juggling too many things and only being one person last time I checked.

I likely will not be as diligent in my postings or comments this week--just consider me to be on Blog Vacation. There's a good chance I'll slap some pictures up because I cannot stand the thought of breaking my posting streak, but on the other hand I really need a break and will be negligent in the writing department. (It could be argued successfully that I've been negligent in the writing department since starting this blog, but I'm talking about being quiet as opposed to verbose.)

Have a wonderful week, and happy June. 2009 is already about half over. Thank goodness I didn't take down my outdoor Christmas lights. One blink and I'll be dragging the artificial tree up from the basement.

-Love, CBW

9 comments:

mmm said...

"Gone camping."

Enjoy the rest of your week everyone!

T said...

Enjoy!

Mental P Mama said...

Have fun!

Unknown said...

Your roses look lovely on your porch.

Have fun, PJB will be on his way today or tomorrow...it's a rain delay. :)

Daryl said...

How will this change things? You never visit me anyway ... enjoy the time off, its exhausting to blog and visit .. even if you dont make it all the way to mine ..

mom x 2 said...

Enjoy your time off, or if its anything like my time off it's more like time away from the job that actually creates a pay check. There is really not such thing as time off is there? Have fun!

Meg McCormick said...

You are like the Cal Ripken of blogging. The Iron Man. Or was it Iron Horse?

My kids aren't done until June 16. That still leaves a crazy number of summer weeks to fill.

Auds at Barking Mad said...

Happy June to you too!

Right when I get back into the swing of things and start visiting again, you go on a break. Figures!

foolery said...

Well, I wasn't here either, so we're even. Hope it was a good week!