Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Blog Fest. Still.



Yes, folks, I'm still talking about Love Fest Blog Fest, you can't shut me up.

Above is a photo I took while we were down at the landing waiting to get on board for the boat tour. I'm going to name this photo "Washed Up," because that's how I feel right now. Exhausted. Worn down. Worn out. Washed up. All of this is due to the let down of Blog Fest being over and the wonderful bloggers leaving me behind to face ordinary life activities. (I'm dubbing this syndrome Blogger's Post Depart 'Em Depression.)

One of the life activities I've neglected is blog maintenance: my blog's sidebar needs updating. See the top right corner? Blog Fest is over, so I'm no longer announcing it. (Wait a minute while I grab a tissue, those words were very hard to utter.)

Maybe I'll change it to say Announcing the Blog Fest Documentary! Coming soon to a theater near you. Or the 2009 Virginia Blogumentary. Did y'all know there is a movie out right now featuring bloggers? Why can't we have a movie? I need something to look forward to, Blog Fest can't die.

Independent of the good times we shared, there was an incredible, unbelievable amount of talent displayed among our guests.

For example, there's Ms. Foolery (below), who happens to be very, very tall. That's what I screamed when I first met her: "YOU'RE TALL! YOU'RE TALL! I thought you were short!" (She politely nodded.) (Not that there is anything wrong with being short. But she isn't.)



Then came Ms. Meg (below) who was the very first blogger I ever met IRL (in real life - I have to spell that out because I only learned it this weekend...from the Baroness. News does not reach us quickly here in Mathews and/or I'm a little slow.) (You know which is the right answer.)



These two ladies designed a special Blog Fest wine label, and Foolery worked her magic to have an entire case produced and shipped just before our gathering. Big Hair Envy has a picture of the label on her blog.

But wait there's more. Meg and Foolery wrote a special Blog Fest song--which would do nicely for the theme song of the Blog Festumentary movie. Meg played the piano and they both sang. Check out the lyrics on Meg's site, the song is amazing. We think a video exists - coming soon to a YouTube link near you.

But that's still not enough. No, Foolery has created a Fans of Gustav group on Facebook. Gustav, for the unacquainted, is my mother's fire-breathing, killer goose who hisses and spits every second he's awake.

Continuing with our talent competition, there's Grandma J (below) who MUST locate an agent. Her career in stand-up comedy is imminent. She was a non-stop source of stories and hilarity. I mean, just look for yourself.

Do you see the aura of comedy circling her?



Or maybe that's just crab pots. Still, the woman needs a stage, a microphone and an agent. Love you, Grandma J.

15 comments:

Annie said...

I can imagine you are exhausted after all that...I am exhausted just reading and thinking about it. I am so glad everyone had a GREAT time!! I also like the boat photo..very appropriate! Good to read more about it all, cbw. Hope you have a good week getting un-exhausted!

Unknown said...

It's so hard to believe it's over already! I haven't taken down the link to Blogfest either. I think I'll leave it there as a badge of honor. We are charter members of Blogfest.

Oh that picture of me....dear God, you are so kind.

Thank you again for the luxurious suite. I bet your kitty misses me thick hair and my suitcase!

Excuse me while I get a tissue

abb said...

The memories, and I'm a bit sad to say they're just memories now, are simply magical!
So very grateful to be part of the magic. Unforgettable!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Great shots of beautiful woman! And talented indeed!

Cdub and I are still talking about the wonderful time we had.
We'll be back soon.

Asthmagirl said...

If you would just adopt me we could move this love fest on to the next level.... whatever that is!

Hugs!

Unknown said...

Okay...now I am crying again. This disorder has no cure.

Just change the date on your Blogfest Button to read 2010...that will work for me.

I am going to go wallow in fabric now.

Mental P Mama said...

I was hoping to wake up today all back to my chipper self. But, alas, still blue. But will be cheered when we start planning Blogfest 2010;) Now go take care of yourself.

big hair envy said...

It's hard to believe there was enough room on Gwynn's Island for SO MUCH TALENT!!!!

Daryl said...

While I know you cant access my blog, I am posting a recap tomorrow so if you want you can link to that .. or not; I am tall and easy .. and I think there needs to be a fall Blog Reunion of sorts somewhere ...

Meg McCormick said...

Aw, shucks, I'm blushing over here...

Audrey at Barking Mad said...

I am STILL uploading photos and trying to sort them and in between all that, sobbing because it's over and I'm back here and utterly exhausted with a sick 3 year old.

Maybe Gaby Rose and I need to take a mommy-daughter trip down there. Just the two of us.

No, that would never do. Megawatt would KILL me. Dead. So dead they'd have to bury me twice.

I still haven't unpacked. I'm just gonna put it off a bit longer I think, and sit here with my 2300 photos and a box of tissue, bottle of wine, and relive it all over again.

Pueblo girl said...

Well, I wasn't there, so not much I can contribute to this, except to say I'm glad it all went so well, and that you enjoyed it CBW, a just reward for so much hard work and stressing out.

Christen Denton said...

Here's a question for you. Is the old AMC dealership still in Mathews? I went there quite a bit when I was younger and photographed all the old cars.

Bayman said...

Curfman Motors, or Curfman AMC. I haven't thought of that in years, though I did tour the junkyard back in the 70's. I went to school with Mark, the youngest son. They had cars behind it, dating back to the Model T's.

Bob Braxton said...

Y'all did this just about the same time I was encouraged to retire (due to "economic downturn"). My last day of paid employment (working for pay) was 2009 June 30. I worked in computer tech support at a theological seminary. Now I write (and read). You all are quite a crew! Glad to discover more out of Mathews County and surround.