Sunday, May 23, 2010

Silent Sunday

Last week as I was leaving for work, this was going on in the back yard. Thankfully I grabbed the camera when I did because moments later it was as if this never happened.

It's true what they say about red sky in the morning (sailors take warning), because later this same day a 3-day storm descended.

It takes the bad weather to make you appreciate the good. You have to hunker down and plow through the bad; sooner or later the sun will return.

I think Marge Simpson Confucius said that, but it's true.

10 comments:

Annie said...

Yes, as my son said, "if you are going to like nature and the outdoors, then you have to take the rainy days along with the others"...as he cooked on the barbecue in the rain in the park..wearing his rain jacket!

;-)

Marvelous photo! Glad you had time to grab the camera!

Meg McCormick said...

It *is* true... though if the storms could be kept to a minimum, that would be ideal.

Gorgeous photo!

Happy Sunday.

Daryl said...

Happy Sunday ... lovely sunrise .. we're having a cooler than predicted weekend, no complaints from me .. I am going out to get some stuff at the Flea Market before the rain they say is coming, I hope they are wrong about that too ...

Country Girl said...

This is incredibly gorgeous, CBW. Sad though, that you leave for work that early . . .

I cannot wait to see you in July!

Julie said...

That is such a beautiful picture. We are lucky you had your camera and shared it with us...thanks!

Mathews Mark said...

Photo said it all I have nothing

Mental P Mama said...

Gaw-jus!!!!!!

deborah said...

wow!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful sunrise! I can't wait to wake up to your sunrises...if I'd only get up early enough. Can you tell I'm getting excited about blogfest??

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Lovely and we needed the rain!
<><