Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's Raining Men. Still.

Here in cyberspace, the Mathews County Womanless Beauty Pageant lives on, even though it's been over and done with for three weeks days now. Something like this doesn't happen very often, and we folks here in Mathews don't get out ever, except to Best Value and Food Lion much.

We don't shave much either, not even when wearing our Sunday best:


But we sure can bust a move. (Or is that move a bust?)


No, a Womanless Beauty Pageant in Mathews is truly a big Neal deal.


Mathews is known for fishnets gill nets, pole dancers fishing poles and miles of beautiful, glistening wigs beaches. The people who live here are crazier than loons generous to a fault and will do anything to help a good cause, such as Relay for Life.


They'll bend over backwards to help someone in need.


And speaking of need, this needs to be the poster child for next year's Miss Mathews Relay for Life Womanless Beauty Pageant:

And there will be another Womanless Beauty Pageant, right? I really need to get a life something to look forward to.

Be sure to check out some of the other posts and pictures from Saturday's event, including Big Hair Envy, Ann Marie, Noe Noe Girl, Native Devil and Meg (who posted tons of photos online. If I knew how to link it, I would. Meg can attest to my lack of computer skills. Ask her for confirmation that I'd never compressed, re-sized or cropped a photo until she taught me how this weekend. Thank you, Meg!)

For anyone wishing to make donations or to learn more about the county's fundraising efforts for the American Cancer Society, click on The Mathews Relay for Life website.

p.s. Hello, Realty TV show producers? Give me a call. Have I got a county for you.

16 comments:

Diane said...

Can we do an encore of the pagent during Blog Fest??? Please?

Ann Marie said...

We can't seem to get enough of these lovely ladies can we! Be sure to hop over to Hillbilly Gothic today for a special request!!!!!

WV alyening I would be alyeing if I said all those ladies weren't gorgeous!

Jamie said...

I am truly disappointed I missed such a great time...

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I am sooo glad I didnt miss this. Count me in again for next year!
<><

Pooch Purple Reign said...

hallelujah ...
awesome post. too bad i missed out.
cheers from canada
~laura

Mental P Mama said...

Still laughing as hard as ever....

Unknown said...

I'm speechless! Really can't get over how hilarious this event must have been. What good sports, and for such a good cause.

Two months to go!

Trisha said...

Continuing to love the photos and those brave, brave men!

Meg McCormick said...

Look at you with all the resized photos! Rock on!!

I'll format the album and post a link, hopefully this week. Sorry for the delay; this is a crazy week for me.

Daryl said...

Miss Gwynn Island with his,er, her bunny ears is (WV) pametul ..

Anonymous said...

Boy am I sorry I missed this.
Baby Sis

foolery said...

The Poster Child is my new desktop image at home. I laugh EVERY time. : )

foolery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg McCormick said...

Hey lady - please update my hyperlink in your post to be www.soupisnotafingerfood.com. The blogspot one was something I played around with but never used. Thanks!

deborah said...

A good laugh and I don't even know any of these (wo)men! The tushy shot is priceless:)

free fonts said...

hahaha they look so funny :D
thanks for sharing